Cincinnati DUI Lawyer
As a former prosecutor for the City of Cincinnati and now a DUI Defense Attorney, Nicholas has a unique perspective when it comes to defending DUI’s. Nicholas’ background gives him the experience to successfully negotiate pleas, argue motions to suppress and take a DUI to trial.
If you have been charged with a DUI in Cincinnati, Hamilton, Butler, Clermont or Southwest Ohio, Contact DUI Lawyer Nicholas Klingensmith at 513-258-2377.
Payment Plans are available, Free Consultations, Call 24/7.
Nicholas has won at Trial, Motion and in the Court of Appeals. He has negotiated DUI’s to a wet reckless, a physical control and flat out dismissals.
Nicholas was a guest on Fox 19 to discuss DUI’s. He was selected as a Top 100 Trial Lawyer and has a perfect 10.0 AVVO rating.
Nicholas is a member of the National College for DUI Defense, the Cincinnati Bar Association, the Ohio Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers and the National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers.
Nicholas Klingensmith on Fox 19
Aggressive Experienced DUI Lawyer
A DUI carries serious penalties including the possibility of: Mandatory Jail Time, Treatment, License Suspension, Interlock, and Special Plates. Nicholas Klingensmith’s experience as a prosecutor and as a defense attorney can help you avoid these penalties and get you the best resolution possible. Nicholas has the experience to negotiate a favorable plea or to win at trial. Contact Nicholas Klingensmith at 513-258-2377.
What to Expect?
- The first step in any DUI Defense is a consultation. Nicholas Klingensmith offers a free consultation.
- During this consultation, you will learn exactly what to expect, what penalties you are facing and how much this defense will cost.
- Nicholas Klingensmith offers a simple one page fee agreement. You will not get nickel and dimed. Unlike many attorneys, Nicholas does not charge you for copies, phone calls or per appearance.
- The next step is obtaining driving privileges, so you can get back to a normal life while this case is pending.
- Pre-trial Motions are then filed, depending on the facts of the case. Many times these motions will include an appeal of the ALS Suspension, a Motion to Suppress and a Demand for Discovery.
- Once the discovery is obtained and reviewed, a course of action is decided and then executed.
- DUI – OVI’s can be beat!
What are the Possible DUI Outcomes?
Just because you are charged with a DUI or OVI does not mean you are guilty. The state must prove every element of the offense beyond a reasonable doubt. If they fail to do so, you will be found not guilty.
There are also other options besides a trial, including reducing the charge to a “wet” reckless or a physical control.
There are many ways to attack a DUI. The Government has a high burden to meet to prove you were driving a vehicle under the influence.
Furthermore, it is possible the Field Sobriety Tests or the breath test were not done in compliance with State of Ohio or NHSTA Standards.
Contact DUI Lawyer Nicholas Klingensmith to help beat your DUI.
Not All DUI’s Are The Same
DUI – OVI laws and DUI – OVI penalties vary depending on many factors. Some of these factors include:
- A DUI is considered “High Tier” when a person blows over .17.
- A person may be charged with a separate charge called a “Refusal” if they have been convicted of a DUI in the past 20 years and refuse a breath test.
- The number of prior DUI – OVI Convictions.
- The location of your DUI. Different counties have different policies when dealing with a DUI. Nicholas has experience defending DUI’s throughout Ohio including: Cincinnati, Hamilton County, Clermont County, Butler County, West Chester, Mason and just about every court in Southwest Ohio.
Not All DUI Attorneys Are The Same
You want an attorney who understands how an OVI or DUI can impact your life. You want an attorney who knows the courts and the system. You want an attorney with a proven track record, the knowledge and the knowhow to defend your case.
Contact Cincinnati DUI – OVI Attorney Nicholas Klingensmith at 513-258-2377.